Bungree Care finder Service Coordinator
• Location: Servicing Lake Macquarie area (Based out of Gosford office.)
• Full time.
• Benefits: Competitive salary, salary packaging options, company car, laptop, phone.
Bungree Aboriginal Association is delivering the care finder service to Central Coast, Lake Macquarie, Cessnock and Maitland areas. This service is a new program that commenced in 2023 to support the ageing and older population of the community to understand and access aged care services or other relevant supports in the community.
Bungree are currently recruiting for a suitably qualified care finder who has the skills and experience to join our growing team and to coordinate the care finder service to clients in Lake Macquarie areas.
The care finder service will be undertaken in an ethical, collaborative, transparent, respectful and culturally responsive manner and always prioritises client’s safety, welfare and wellbeing. Reporting to the Team Leader, the key responsibilities of the care finder coordinator role will include but not limited to:
• Assertive outreach (visiting in home, engaging clients in different environments etc)
• Case Management, data and record keeping
• Engagement and rapport building with potential client and other services
• Supporting people to interact with My Age Care
• Support to explain and guide through the assessment process include providing support at the assessment
• Support to help people to find aged care services they need and to connect with other relevant supports in the community, include supporting people to:
• Understand the different types of aged care supports and services
• Find and make an informed choice about providers/services
• Work through income/means testing, if relevant and costs
• Complete relevant service and health forms
• Meet with providers to arrange services
• Connect with other relevant supports in the community
This role has a large face to face component and the care finder co-ordinators are expected to be on the road seeing client’s majority of their time.
You will have demonstrated experience in delivering outcomes based services that have consistently achieved performance targets, as well as multi-faceted human services programs preferably in the My Aged Care or Health Sectors.
• Relevant Qualifications in social work, health, age care and / or human services
• Local community connections with care finder target population
• Detailed understanding / ability to rapidly attain detailed understanding of Aged Care System
• Customer centric approach and the ability to work towards customer service standards, KPIs, and targets
• Commitment to delivering a person centres approach
• Commitment to supporting people of diverse backgrounds
• Administrative skills including use and accurately entering information onto systems, databases and the portal
• Bungree is a mandatory vaccination organisation. You will be updated with your FLU SHOT and COVID-19 vaccinations. (if for medical reasons you cannot get vaccinations, please provide evidence)
• National Police Check
• Working with Children’s Check
• First Aid Certificate
• Drivers Licence
Working with us:
• Great team environment and organisational support
• Safe and inclusive culture
• Professional development opportunities
• Supportive leadership
We welcome applications from all suitable candidates and request that you provide a current copy of your resume and a cover letter telling us why you would like to work with Bungree Aboriginal Association, highlighting your suitability based on the role requirements and skills mentioned above.
Submit your resume and cover letter through the seek application process, addressed to Fiona Hobbs by 19th January 2024.
These positions are open however we also strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants.