Bungree Aboriginal Association is proud to be a preferred provider of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) on the Central Coast.
Bungree delivers disability services under the NDIS to Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal community members in the Central Coast and Newcastle regions. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver high quality and culturally sensitive care to people with disability.
With a long and rich history working with the Central Coast and Newcastle communities, we have been providing care-based services to children, families, Elders, people with disability and people experiencing disadvantage for more than 20 years.
Bungree Disability Services
Bungree delivers the following support programs under the NDIS:
- Assistive products for personal care and safety: Aids and equipment for personal care or safety including beds and pressure mattresses, toilet and bathroom equipment, specialised clothing and continence needs.
- Assistance in coordinating or managing life stages, transitions and supports: Short and long-term supports that focus on strengthening the participant’s ability to coordinate their supports, and to assist them to live at home and participate in their community.
- Assistance with daily personal activities: Assisting with and/or supervising personal tasks of daily life to enable the participant to live as autonomously as possible. These individual supports and can be provided in a range of environments, including but not limited to, the participant’s own home.
- Assistance with travel/transport arrangements: This focuses on the provision of transport to enable participation in community, social, economic and daily life activities. This includes, but is not limited to, taxis and other community transport arrangements.
- Assistance with daily life tasks in a group or shared living arrangement: Assistance with and/or supervising tasks of daily life in a shared living environment, which is either temporary or ongoing, with a focus on developing the skills of each individual to live as autonomously as possible.
- Development of daily living and life skills: Development of daily living and life skills focuses on training and development activities undertaken by the participant or their carer to increase their ability to live as autonomously as possible.
- Household tasks: Household tasks enable the participant to maintain their home environment. This may involve undertaking essential household tasks that the participant is not able to undertake.
- Assistive products for household tasks: Aids and equipment to enable participants to undertake cooking, cleaning, washing, home maintenance and other tasks.
- Participation in community, social and civic activities: Assisting participants to participate actively in community, social and civic activities; includes supporting participants during these activities, and developing participants’ ability to partake in these activities.
- Management of funding for supports in participants plan: This support focuses on strengthening the participant’s ability to undertake tasks associated with the management of their supports. Plan management is the financial management of the plan supports including making payments to providers, expense claims processing, developing monthly statements for participants and claiming for payment from NDIA.
- Therapeutic supports: Therapeutic supports are provided to assist the participant to apply their functional skills to improve participation and independence in daily, practical activities in areas such as Language and communication, Personal care, Mobility and movement, Interpersonal interactions and Community living.
- Group and Centre Activities: Assisting participants to share in activities of their choice. Group based community, social and recreational activities.
Click here to view our NDIS registration certificate.
Access and Eligibility
You can also complete the NDIS Access Checklist to help work out if you can access the NDIS.
Or for more information on our programs, please contact Bungree Disability Services on 02 4350 0100 (Option 7).