Bungree Aboriginal Association offers services under the Home Care Packages Program (HCPP), an initiative of My Aged Care.
The Home Care Packages Program is part of the Government’s continuum of care for older Australians. The Home Care Packages Program is for people who have complex needs that can only be met by a coordinated package of care.
The objectives of the Program are:
- to assist people to remain living at home; and
- to enable consumers to have choice and flexibility in the way that the consumer’s aged care and support is provided at home.
There are four levels of home care packages:
- Home Care Level 1: Supports people with basic care needs
- Home Care Level 2: Supports people with low level care needs
- Home Care Level 3: Supports people with intermediate care needs
- Home Care Level 4: Supports people with high care needs
Although there is no minimum age requirement for a home care package, the Home Care Packages Program has been developed to assist frailer older Australians to remain in their homes.
How to Access a Home Aged Care Package
If you are seeking aged care services under the Home Care Packages Program, you can access these by contacting My Aged Care.
If your care needs indicate that you may need a home care package, you will be referred for an assessment to determine if you are eligible.
An Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) will then assess you to identify your care needs and determine eligibility. Please contact My Aged Care for more information:
P: 1800 200 422
For assistance with your referral, please contact Bungree directly.